Friday, June 17, 2011

Oops...


The kids are buckled in to their respective car seats, Venice is squealing, "Play JUNGLE, Dani!  Play JUNGLE!"
I obligingly crank up Guns n Roses and we head on up towards the mountain.
Charlie, predictably, starts wailing as soon as we hit 199.  Also, predictably, I turn the music up and ignore him.
This is what I hear from the back seat:
Venice:  Come ON, Chawie!  Give me a BWEAK!  Stop ALWEDDY!  PWEEZE!"
Charlie:  *kicking it up a knotch*
Venice:  Do you MIND?  Good GWEEF!
I look in the rear view mirror.  She is sitting, hand on cheek, shaking her head and rolling her eyes, emitting deep, long-suffering sighs.
Me, in the front seat, thinking:  Why does this sound so familiar?
We get home.  Venice climbs out of the car and drops her backpack.
"Awwww CRAP!" she exclaims.
Hmmmmm.
We sprint to the door, dodging rain droplets.  She looks at me and announces,  "Fwickin' WAIN, huh, Dani!"
AHHHHHHhhhh.  Now I remember where I've heard it before.
I have created...
A FRANKEN-DANI.
CRAP!
Thank God she's so cute... she's gonna need it.
And in advance, I'd like to apologize to her mom and dad, future teachers and classmates, future employers, boyfriends and husbands.
Although, in my defense? I am NOT the one that convinced her she was a Princess.
I just encourage it

No comments:

Post a Comment