Friday, June 17, 2011

15 Minutes With Venice


Today was one of those kind of days where I start watching the clock at 8:01 a.m. and several years later, when I check again, it's only 8:25 a.m. 
I mean, it wasn't a HORRIBLE day and then again, it wasn't really fanfreakingtastic, either. 
My list of Things To Bitch About today include:
1.  My knee is KILLING me.
2.  My shoulder is KILLING me.
3.  I had to work overtime and wasn't prepared to and thusly had no lunch and no break and was STARVING all day.
4.  I got bitten on the shoulder in Special Day Class.
5.  The school nurse accosted me on the playground while I was watching the child I was subbing with and jabbed a needle into my arm because I was due for another tb test.   (Seriously... is that even legal?  Or hygenic?  Medical procedures on the playground?  Hmmmm?)
6.  It was freakishly hot today and I was dressed for the arctic.
7.  I nearly died in computer lab because it was a thousand degrees in there.
I could go on, but I'm sure you get the idea... nothing earth shattering or horrible happened but whatever.  It was just One Of Those DAYS.
So when Wendy called and asked if I'd pick up Venice from preschool and take her home,  I was pretty happy about it.  I knew, without a shadow of a doubt, that a few minutes with Venice would be a ray of sunshine in my otherwise "eh" kind of day.
And she didn't disappoint.
She was so happy to see me that my mood instantly went from "grrrr" to smiling.  I mean, when someone is so ecstatic that they get to ride in your red car, how can you NOT smile?
She chattered and talked all the way to the car and after she was buckled in and we were on our way she proceeded to enlighten me with Venice-isms all the way home.
Here is our conversation:
Venice:  Dani, you have two puppies at your house?  (She went with her mommy to pick them up and was not happy that they were coming to MY house instead of living forever and ever at HERS.)
Me:  Yes I do!
Venice:  I have a Dora watch.
Me:  Cool!
Venice:  You have two puppies at your house?
Me:  Yes!
Venice:  I have Dora backpack.
Me:  Nice!
Venice:  You have two puppies at your house?
Me:  I do indeedy!
Venice:  I have tea party set.
Me:  How fun!
Venice:  You have two puppies at your house?
Me:  *silence*
Venice:  You have two puppies at your house?
Me:  Yes I do!
Venice:  I'm going to sing a song.  It goes like this:  E-I-E-I-OHHHHHHH!  Now you do it.
Me (dutifully):  E-I-E-I-Ohhhh!
Venice:  Very good Dani!  (clapping her hands)
Venice:  Dani?
Me:  Yes?
Venice:  You have two puppies at your house?
*bliss*
After I dropped her off and drove home, I could still see sparkly little bits of her aura floating around in my car and I sang as loudly as I could, all the way down the mountain, "E-I-E-I-OHHHHHH!"

No comments:

Post a Comment